Friday, May 29, 2009

The Return

For a long time (53 weeks if you're counting!) I've been away from this blog, still reading and dreaming of becoming a gaming journalist. Well, in January of this year my dreams started slipping away with the unceremonious end of Electronic Gaming Monthly--better known as EGM. I was a subscriber to EGM when it was left to die and had a dream of one day writing for my favorite magazine and when the magazine was discontinued by parent company Ziff Davis my writing aspirations began to leave me as I finished my final semester in college. As I took my last finals and applied for graduate school my urge to write reamined, but my shining beacon of light was gone; EGM was finished and I needed to continue on with my path to becoming a teacher. As teaching opportunities dry up in the midst of a state budget crsis with no forseeable I am still determined to become a credentialed teacher, but my dreams of writing have been given a new life.


After a day of observing high school students I saw something in a Kotaku headline that reivigorated my desire to write: Electronic Gaming Monthly To Return! So with the return of my favorite magazine I've been inspired to return to Last Generation games and write once again, but take a different appraoch to what I was doing. I no longer want to focus on older games or just writing reviews, I want to cover news and give a personal input with my own style. So we (and by we I mean the "royal" we) here at last gen are back!


Have a look at the EGM press release announcing an imminent return.


[ EGM Press Release ]

No comments: